This course is designed to teach students the rules, scoring, and setup for shooting in competitive PRS-style rifle matches. If you’ve been looking for a course to get you started in competitive, long-range rifle shooting – this is it. Students not only get the course, they are automatically enrolled in our next PRS match.
Experience with your rifle and equipment and an understanding of your DOPE/DATA. This is not a fundamentals class, will need to be able to show up and make shots to distance.
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Precision rifle capable of (<1moa)
- Rifle optic with adjustable turrets
- Ballistic calculator, ie. Kestrel, Hornady 4dof, ballistic arc, Applied ballistics
- Note taking gear, pen, paper
- 150 rounds of match ammunition
- Capability to fire 10 rounds, ie. 2x 5 round magazines, 1×10 round magazine.
- Range finder
- Support bag, ie. Sand sock, game changer, fortune cookie, tricorn. Will have several on site for students to try.
- Inclement weather cold/wet weather clothing.
- Data management, wrist coach, or clip on data cards
- Bug spray
- Safety brief, and range etiquette brief.
- Introduction to low, med, high kneeling.
- Introduction to low, med, high standing.
- In depth prone position instruction.
- Utilizing tank trap, PRS barricade, vehicles, windows, rocks, cattle gate.
- How to manage dope, under the confines of hunting and competition.
- Introduction of the shot timer, to induce the stress of the clock to simulate competition or hunting or a tactical environment.
- Break for lunch.
- Run students through a 6 stage course of fire forcing them to utilize and transition between all taught shooting positions. Primary instructor will shoot every stage first in line for demonstration purpose.
- Tally of scores. Top shooter in the class will receive battle springs ranch swag.
- Free time for students to go and reshoot any stage from the course of fire. With additional guidance and instruction.